Professor Mariana Mazzucato will be awarded an honorary doctorate by the Universitat Oberta de Catalunya in recognition of her academic career as one of the major specialists in the economy of innovation and a leading figure in the debate on public value. The ceremony is to take place on Thursday 3 February 2022.
Mariana Mazzucato is a Professor in the Economics of Innovation and Public Value at University College London (UCL) and Founding Director of the UCL Institute for Innovation & Public Purpose (IIPP). Advisor to policy makers around the world, her research focuses on the relationship between financial markets, innovation, and economic growth, and how to allow smart, innovation-led growth to be also more inclusive and sustainable.
Ordre de l'acte
- Entrance of the presiding committee under the tune of the UOC.
- Opens the ceremony Mayor of Barcelona Ada Colau who welcomes the audience and gives her address.
- Vice President for Competitiveness and Employability of the UOC Àngels Fitó delivers the laudatio to Professor Mariana Mazzucato
- General Secretary of the UOC Pere Fabra reads the decision reached by the Governing Council..
- UOC President Josep A. Planell, Josep A. Planell bestows Professor Mariana Mazzucato with the title of honorary doctorate and the University's medal.
- Speech by Professor Mariana Mazzucato.
- Speech by UOC President Josep A. Planell
Final registration date: